CERTIFICATE IN LINUX ADMINISTRATION
The Linux operating system is flexible and scalable, and as an Open Source OS, it is continually improved upon and enhanced. In this course, you gain the knowledge and skills required to build, manage and fine tune Linux platforms to meet your organization's critical and ongoing IT needs. This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer and support a server based on the Linux operating system.
Through a series of extensive hands-on exercises, you learn to build and configure new Linux installations, as well as troubleshoot and support existing installations. You also learn critical administrative tasks, including the management of users and groups, the addition of storage hardware, the creation of file systems, the configuration of network connections and the provision of file and print services for both UNIX and Windows clients. The resulting classroom network of advanced servers is then used to build a high-availability load-balancing cluster.
You Will Learn How To:
• Install, configure and support Linux servers
• Control and troubleshoot the boot process
• Attach local storage and create file systems
• Deploy software components from source and binary packages, blending Red Hat with CentOS and other distributions
• Deliver file, print and network services for UNIX and Windows clients
Hands-On Experience Includes:
• Configuring system boot sequence and services
• Recovering from catastrophic failure
• Creating and modifying users and groups
• Administering logical volumes and file systems
• Updating software packages with multiple online repositories
• Configuring network services
COURSE DURATION: 2 MONTHS
COURSE FEE: GHC 650.00
SESSIONS: REGULAR , EVENING AND WEEKEND (SATURDAY ONLY) .