IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT (ITIL ® FOUNDATION)
In order for organisations to keep ahead of the rapidly evolving service management marketplace, the IT Infrastructure Library guidelines were created to form an integrated, process based, comprehensive framework for IT Service Management which includes both service delivery and service support. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited and the Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Entities are rapidly incorporating ITIL® in all aspects of their IT service delivery which is driven by increasing governance, security, privacy regulation, and the growing trend towards IT consolidation.
Whether you are managing day-to-day IT services, or establishing and refining existing processes, ITIL® can help you to apply internationally proven best practices for your IT services and underpin the support that you provide with your organisation.
This exciting and dynamic 5-day course introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. In addition to an engaging, case study-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course positions the participants to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core Service Lifecycle:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key principles & concepts of IT Service Management
- Understand the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organisation
- Determine the Service Management processes & how they map to the Service Lifecycle
- Pinpoint the basic concepts & definitions related to the Service Lifecycle
- Classify the activities & roles involved with the Service Lifecycle
- Assess the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle & how they map to other components
- Evaluate the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle